14 September 2007

It's Not What You Know, It's Who You Know

As it so happens, my prediction of four days ago was entirely correct. The schmuck won. Unfortunately for him, the fifth fundamental force of nepotism did not exert a strong enough pull this time around, and he was forced to share his first place status with the Russian schlemiel.

I thought the Russian dude would win second, seeing as how he was only a student of the Russian judge, and the Hungarian bloc of voters was much bigger than the Russian bloc. I guess the Hungarian bloke really bungled his concerto. Sad, really, when a mere student of a jury member can tie with the nephew of the dean and the student of the President of the Jury. Where’s the sense in that?

Of the two third place winners, I predicted this one (also a student of the Russian judge) but missed out on this one. She was a wild card winner; I thought it would be this girl, the student of the Japanese judge.

But, all in all, I did a pretty fair job of predicting this one. I’ll have to try my hand at predicting other competitions as they come around. Or perhaps I should just become a medium right now.

No comments: