09 October 2009

Socks And Sandals; Or, Fashion Smells

Today, I noticed my Real Analysis professor wearing socks with his sandals.

Le gasp, right? I mean, what a dork! You can totally tell from ten miles away that he's a math professor, because, like, only a completely fashion blind person would ever pull a stunt like that. And they were white socks with black sandals. It just keeps getting worse!

Perhaps it is a sign that I myself am a math dweeb, but my first thought on noticing his white socks was not the amused and condescending-to-math-enthusiasts disapprobation that a non-math-dweeb friend of mine expressed. I thought first, "Wow those are clean!" Then I thought it was very considerate of him to wear them.

Why would I think that, when I risk going blind from the appalling fashion faux pas? Because feet smell. When people walk around in southern California for the better part of a day, their feet sweat and smell even more.

And when fashion-conscious people neglect to wear socks with their sandals, they treat everyone around them to the trendy and chic toe-farts emanating from their voguish footwear.

Yeesh, gross.

2 comments:

Keith said...

If you don't like socks and sandals , then you won't like this site www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/home.htm Mind you - we'd welcome a picture of your maths professor !

Kris said...

White socks in dark sandals ARE ugly though. But I get your point about toe-farts. Mhm. I'm glad I don't live someplace hot. No, wait, I'm not. Well, yes, I am, but I would like to live someplace WARM, not hot. Warmer than here at least. That wouldn't really take much. Anyway, yeah... I wear socks in sandals sometimes. Black in black though. It's still ugly. But it's comfy! :)